Saturday, February 19, 2011

Field Trip to 2nd and Charles

It is so nice to have nerdy friends.  I met some fellow Moning Maniacs at The Olive Garden for lunch and a book exchange.  Then we visited 2nd and Charles used books store.  My eighteen year old daughter, Shanley Belle, joined us.

Photobucket

Photobucket

My husband had already taken lots of books to 2nd and Charles, so we have a pretty big store credit there.  Shanley and I had such a fun day searching through the stacks.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here are the books I bought.  I thought that How to Decorate with Books would come in handy because of my book addiction.  I will use these books for inspiration and post my decorating results next week.

Photobucket

I also bought these books by Tana French.  I have had my eye on them for quite some time, and one of them is a signed first edition.

Photobucket

I also had luck at my local library this week.  I had to return some books and pay a fine, which turned out to be a good thing because I saw a table of $5 hardcover books!  I bought a first edition The Little Giant of Aberdeen County, which has been on my Barnes and Noble Wish List for several months.  Now I only have two books left on my Wish List, and our anniversary is coming up next month.  Guess what I'm asking for....as if you couldn't guess!

Photobucket

Don't forget that tomorrow is our very first What We're Reading Linky Party hosted by Bonnie this month.


What We're Reading


Please join us and share your book love!

Photobucket

Until next time...

Happy reading!
Ricki Jill

11 comments:

  1. I used to love to read! I just don't have time anymore! Hopefully once the kids are older I will start back up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love decorating books old and new, they often give a lot of inspiration!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am addicted to books too ! I love to give and receive a book as a present / I think this comes from my mother/
    Enjoy your books !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a fun day! I love books.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. E' bello sapere che ci sono persone che amano leggere,mia figlia legge molto,a me piace più scrivere.Ciao e grazie dei bei commenti che sempre mi lasci,Rosetta

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loove reading too and so does my daughter, what a great way to spend time together:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. SCORE!!! You found some great ones, and you must share with us on how to decorate with books. That is awesome!!!! Looks like a super fun day to me!!! I know my daughter and I can spend countless hours in the bookstores and libraries. Love it when the libraries have their sales!!! Can't wait to see those book decorating photos!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing your daughter Shanley! Are you in the photos above?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ricki, that looked like alot of fun!..and the "book decor", looks great!

    Thanks for the b-day wishes, I am surely blessed with great blogger friends like YOU!
    ~Jo
    LazyonLoblolly

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to have an English book store nearby....that looks like a great day! I am reading "The Room" right now but I never seem to have enough time to sit down and just read! I love the idea of this linky party. Thanks for sharing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A day full of books and friends?!?! What a lucky lady you are! I'd like to check out the "Decorating with Books" book! Thanks for shring your finds! I'll also be checking out the linky party!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate all of your comments :D