Thursday, March 17, 2011

Bloggers Day of Silence

Nita @ Mod Vintage Life (one of my favorite blogs) posted about For Japan With Love's Bloggers Day of Silence which will be tomorrow, March 18th.


Photobucket



You can read more about For Japan With Love here, and Shelterbox here.


I will be participating, so there will be no Literary Friday post for tomorrow. Instead,  I will spend the day with my grandmother as she celebrates her 91st birthday.  We have decided to buy a couple of shelter boxes in her honor (along with her other presents).

Also, I wanted to tell y'all about Donna's giveaway at her blog,  Conghaile Cottage.  It is for a $45.00 gift certificate to CSN stores, where you might want to buy something cute like the cupcake plates below.  Click here for her giveaway, but hurry, because it ends on Saturday, March 19th!!!


I will be posting about Frank Delaney's Ireland on Sunday for our What We're Reading Linky Party. Don't forget to join Bonnie and me; show your book love!

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill

7 comments:

  1. This is great Ricki. I was just at Carolyn's blog
    Aiken house and she posted about tomorrow's day of silence. I will also post this for tomorrow.

    Pamela ox

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello I posted for Carolyn's blog I loved the nature plates...lol...talk soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ricki Jill, kiss grandmother Happy Birthday for me, WOW,..91 years young, how blessed.

    And I'll be silent tomorrow too!
    ~JO
    LazyonLoblolly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am joining you in a day of silence. I also wish your dear grandmother a Happy Birthday and best wishes for many more years of health, happiness and wonderful moments with family and friends.

    Lots of love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely gesture for Japan and I hope you have a wonderful day with your Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Rikki, thanks for all your sweet comments. The yankee candle you asked about, it's hard to describe, kinda reminds me of that soap irish spring but not as strong! Have a great weekend!
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed this yesterday.
    Touching post Ricki Jill. I am still finding this all so over-whelming right now. It is important to keep people aware of what will be a very long-term human disaster.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate all of your comments :D