Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

My Happy List #13

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Please join me for Mamarazzi's My Happy List linky party @ Dandelion Wishes.





Photobucket



1.   My daughter graduated from high school last night.  She had three grandparents and one great-grandparent present at the ceremony held at the historic Alabama Theatre in downtown Birmingham. The Alabama School of Fine Arts orchestra and choir did an amazing job with the music. The orchestra played Summon the Heroes by John Williams for the processional, and the choir sang Oread Farewell by Dan Forrest.  These are just a couple of the evening's lovely musical selections.  I am so happy and proud for our daughter, one of fourteen Math and Science students enrolled at ASFA since Grade 8. Congratulations, Shanley Belle!

Photobucket


2.   Our family enjoyed a delightful dinner at  Hot and Hot Fish Club after graduation.  Chris Hastings is one of the best chefs in America, and I love his and Edie's restaurants. Delicious Southern food makes everyone happy!

Photobucket


                            The Chef's Counter at Hot and Hot Fish Club




3.   Shelley only has one week of school left until summer vacation.  She has had a very successful year per her annual IEP meeting held this.  Shelley is attending a fantastic middle school.  Shelley's success makes me happy and proud, too.




4.   Shanley Belle is successfully enrolled at the University of Alabama for the Fall 2011 semester. Her freshman orientation and registration for classes was earlier this week.  My daughter attending my Alma Mater makes me extremely happy, Roll Tide!

Photobucket

                                            The President's Mansion

Photobucket

                                      Clark Hall, College of Arts and Sciences


5.   I have tons of chores to finish this weekend.  This does not make me happy, but once I'm finished I will be very happy because guess what came in the mail yesterday?  Yep!  My copy of Summer with Matthew Mead. Summerlicious inspiration makes me very happy!  

Photobucket


I have missed visiting my bloggy friends this week.  I will try my hardest to get caught-up with you next week.  I appreciate all the sweet emails from y'all!

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill

10 comments

  1. Congrats to your daughter Ricki Jill. We had a busy week at my house as well so I know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to both of your beautiful girls! I love that you went to Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your daughter Rikki! Now go celebrate w/some red velvet cake! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like you have raised some amazing young ladies! lots to be happy about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to your daughter...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to you and your daughter! This is a milestone that I'm sure you will both be happily look back after years.

    I love the Alabama Theater. I haven't been to other countries and seeing pictures of beautiful places like Alabama makes me happy. The picture of the University of Alabama is beautiful too. It looks so peaceful and perfect for studying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you must be beaming with pride for your girls. Oh the south is so beautiful. You have such nice old buildings with so much charm. I love that your daughter is going to your Alma Mater. It is so gorgeous. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! What a wonderful thing - your daughter going to your alma mater... makes all that more special as she takes her next steps in life. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Ricki!! Congrats to you and your daughter...fantastic! I am so glad to hear she will be attending Alabama. My daughter toured there last week and will probably decide to attend there as well. I was also very interested in the Hot and Hot Fish Club! I've never heard of it but I will definately be checking it out!
    It was so great to meet you in Mentone this weekend. I always love to meet people and find out they are from my area! Thanks for supporting my art!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Contgrats on the graduation and how sweet she is going to your Alma mater!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are friendly!


Hello!

I'm Ricki Jill. Welcome! I'm honored that you're reading my blog. I enjoy sharing my creative lifestyle @ The Bookish Dilettante. For more information about my blog, please read the Start Here page. Thank-you for stopping by, and I hope you'll consider following me via email.

Follow me on Instagram