Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

Vintage Aroma

Monday, May 30, 2011

Photobucket



This weekend, we attended an art show at Children's Harbor.  Children's Harbor is a camp on Lake Martin near Alexander City, Alabama, that provides services for seriously ill children and their families.  The annual art show draws over thirty regional artists, and this year did not disappoint.

Photobucket

Scenes from Children's Harbor Art Show



Shanley Belle and I loved Jeffrey Long's booth.  Jeffrey is an artist who also makes handmade, fragranced soy candles poured in original vintage and antique glassware.  He attends the World's Longest Yard Sale (127 Corridor Sale), and buys lovely containers for his candles.  I love how Jeffrey combines his environmental sensibilities and appreciation for the past into his eco-friendly and beautiful candles.   Jeffrey had sold all of his art by the time we arrived at his booth, so I can't share any of his art with you (and we did not get to purchase any of his art, either).

Here are a few pictures of Jeffrey, Shanley Belle, and Jeffrey's adorable booth.

Photobucket





Shanley wanted a candle for her dorm, so she chose the Southern Afternoon candle in a purple glass. It smells like heaven: the scent is a combination wisteria and sweet iced tea. You can't get any more Southern than that!


Photobucket


I chose the Sunny South scent that smells like lemon and verbena.



Photobucket


It was so hard to choose from the different lovely scents!

What have you been doing this Memorial Day weekend?  I would love to hear from you!

Please join Nita @ Mod Vintage Life for her Mod Mix Monday.

Photobucket

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill

17 comments

  1. Oltre le candele sono belli anche i bicchieri!Baci,Rosetta

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how these candles are presented & the aromas have to be fun. Come visit me tomorrow, Ricki ... then you can read about THIS weekend, experiences for sure.
    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful,, wish a I had a sniffing button, you know,,, so I could smell the aroma

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea!! My girlfriend is always looking for ideas for her churches holiday bazaar I am going to forward this to her. Me, I have been sprucing up my front patio this weekend, it was looking pretty tired!!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the candles and the glasses they are in... so sweet! I wish I could smell them, as well! I am recovering from jetlag today. And hubby is resting his painful neck (a disability he has had for a few years). So, let the unpacking and laundry continue! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What pretty candles and what a great idea to put them in such lovely containers. I love lemon candles in the summer. That is my favorite. Thanks so much for linking up to my party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the candles being crystal goblets. Fantastique! :D
    Happy Memorial Day weekednd to you, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could smell the candles, I bet they smell great! I love how they are put in the vintage glasses, that's a unique idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those candles look amazing. I have a soft heart for old glassware and for candles!! I would be in trouble. I hope you like the coffeecake! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the elegant glass containers of the candles. It looks so posh! Have a great extended weekend :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh these look so pretty!! I bet they smell wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love soy candles, yours must smell divine! I love the vintage glasses that they are in.
    I live in Canada so it was business as usual today, our long weekend this month was the weekend before celebrating Queen Victoria's birthday.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. What wonderful candles they are. I love making candles too and putting them into pretty containers. You just have to be careful of some old containers breaking due to hot wax and wick.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OOooooo!! The event sounds so wonderful and inspiring! It must be awesome!!
    Those candles do sound heavenly!!
    I've seen the "worlds longest yardsale" on TV!! I've always wanted to go!!!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore the candles in vintage glasses. So creative and beautiful. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These candles are beautiful! I wish I could run across some of them! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet idea for vintage stemware and candles; lovely post!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are friendly!


Hello!

I'm Ricki Jill. Welcome! I'm honored that you're reading my blog. I enjoy sharing my creative lifestyle @ The Bookish Dilettante. For more information about my blog, please read the Start Here page. Thank-you for stopping by, and I hope you'll consider following me via email.

Follow me on Instagram