Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

Cooking with the Pillsbury Doughboy

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

{Or more accurately:  Cooking with Earl}

I am joining Jo and Lynn for the Celebrity Cook Along, the Pillsbury Doughboy!

I am teaching Shelley (my thirteen year old daughter) how to cook, so I let Shelley pick the recipe.




Baking Powder Biscuits 


Prep time: 15 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Yield: 14 Biscuits



Ingredients:

2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
3/4 to 1 cup milk


Photobucket

Preparation Directions:

1. HEAT oven to 450°F. COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl; mix well. With pastry blender or fork, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stirring with fork, add enough milk until mixture leaves sides of bowl and forms a soft, moist dough.
2. TOSS dough lightly on floured surface until no longer sticky. Roll or press dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with floured 2-inch round cutter. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
3. BAKE 8 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm.


Photobucket


Please join Lynn and Earl @ Happier Than a Pig In Mud for this fun linky party.  Jo @ Lazyon Loblolly is hosting a giveaway, too.  Jo will be giving away a Pillsbury Cookbook and the Pillsbury Doughboy!!!  :D

We are also having thinly sliced beef tenderloin with horseradish sauce served on the biscuits with a pear, arugula, and gorgonzola salad.

What are you cooking tonight for supper?

Blessings!

Ricki Jill

18 comments

  1. How fun that your daughter helped make the biscuits-I LOVE that! Dinner sounds great, would love a sandwich and salad myself! Thanks so much for playing along:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy thanks for sharing this recipe. I made pasta tonight, and jarred sauce (OUCH that hurt to even say)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh i love your menu for tonight's dinner!!!
    Please share the salad recipe!!
    We are having hamburgers but i am jazzing them up with bacon, swiss cheese, carmelized onions and tomato. Ceasar salad on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh for gosh sakes, this sounds like a fine dining restaurant menu! How great you are teaching your daughter to cook. My Mom tried and I wasn't interested...Guess you know the rest of the story!LOL

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum! I'd love to try one of those biscuits. I made homemade pizza for dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum when is dinner?? That salad sound so yummy. It is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't cooked with Crisco for many years, but nothing tastes as good as when you do! I taught my daughter to cook from the time she was 2. Now, at 26, she is one of the only ones in her group of friends that cooks!

    Dinner tonight? Cracker Barrel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh SO YUMMY! I made pot roast with veggies for dinner tonight. It was yummy and easy. Hubby likes this even in the heat of summer! Have fun with your daughter - it's the little things that count. And, in the end, you will find out they are really the big things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR RECIPE,IS WONDERFUL THAT YOUR DAUGTHER WANTS TO BE COKING WITH YOU AND IS SO NICED THAT YOU ARE MAKING SURE SHE KNOWS HOME COOKING,YOU SURE ARE A GOD MOM.I DONT COOK MUCH MY HUSBAND WORK TAKES HIM AWAY FROM HOME ,AND I DONT COOK MUCH FOR MY SELF I LOVE HOME MADE FOOD ,I LOVE SLOW COOK MEALS LIKE BEAN SOUP....TODAY I MAKE STRWBERRY AND KIWI COOLER AND QUESADILLAS...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dinner sounds gorgeous! And I love biscuits. I made wonderful spaghetti sauce (about which I wax divine at my blog.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOO, these look so good. It is 8 here this morning and I've not had breakfast yet. Now, of course, I WANT HOMEMADE BISCUITS...:))
    She did such a good job..please give her an extra hug for me this morning.:)
    (i have 3 little 13 yr old grandgirls...such a magical age)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so great that you are teaching your daughter to cook Ricki! I just love that!
    Have a great week!
    xoxo
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  13. From the looks of those biscuits, she's learning fast!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful biscuits and so fun you're teaching your daughter to cook. Such special memories.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These sound so yummy. I love that you are teaching your daughter to cook, and that she wants to learn. Your whole dinner sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  16. for new cooks out there, when you cut your biscuits with a round biscuit cutter do not twist the cutter. Just press down and lift biscuit to cookie sheet. It will help with the rise of the biscuit.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are friendly!


Hello!

I'm Ricki Jill. Welcome! I'm honored that you're reading my blog. I enjoy sharing my creative lifestyle @ The Bookish Dilettante. For more information about my blog, please read the Start Here page. Thank-you for stopping by, and I hope you'll consider following me via email.

Follow me on Instagram