Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Global Impact

I just received my copy of the July/August 2011 Victoria Magazine, and it is one of my favorite issues.  Ever.  I am so grateful to Phyllis Hoffman for bringing back Victoria, and this special antiques issue is chock-full of gorgeous pictures and informative articles.

Photobucket

My favorite feature in this issue is entitled "Global Impact."  The article features globes, maps, and items with vintage map prints.  There is even a dinner party table set with a Bon Voyage theme.  On Victoria Magazine's website, you can even download party invitations and place cards that are reminiscent of vintage airmail envelopes.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This lovely feature inspired me to set a similar table to get us all excited about our upcoming summer vacation.  I used things I already had, like the travel place mats and linens.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I used vintage subway map images to decoupage this vase.

Photobucket

If you haven't already done so, check out the latest issue of Victoria!

Photobucket


If you have not heard already, Debbie @ Debbiedoos is hosting a magazine copycat party this Friday, July 1st.  This is not my post for the party, but Debbie's idea did inspire me to create this post.  Can you tell I am a wee bit excited about the party?  You can read more about Debbie's party here.

Also, Jane from Blondie's Journal "introduced" me to {Primp}.  I love this blog, and Michelle is hosting a new linky party called Primp Your Stuff Wednesday. I am joining in on the fun!

{Primp}

I will also be joining Courtney's Feathered Nest Friday.



Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill

15 comments:

  1. How cool is that! The place mats & your decoupaged vase are perfect. I just may need to go out & get this magazine now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I just might have to pick up a copy of this magazine! I love everything having to do with maps and globes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is such a pretty post. As usual you have created something so lovely with all your artistic abilities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to look for a copy! I love your place mats and the vase is too cool...you did a fantastic job!!

    XO,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful! Love your table, how fun and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your post- Ki and I used to pore over the Victoria mags and were so sad when it was cancelled. Can't wait to start getting it again- and without your post I'd never have known.

    p.s. Thanks so much for stopping by so often- things have been off the charts nuts around here and I've not been the best blogging buddy but hope to make up for it soon because I just love your posts - you my dear blogging friend personify what elegance, grace and charm mean to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Victoria sounds like a fabulous magazine!! I've never actually read one, maybe I should!
    I love all the travel items you made!! Fabulous!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love Victoria magazine too! It is always like being in a pink, lacy, fluffy, Victoria dreamland!
    Love, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is my FAVORITE magazine,, ooo those downloads are beautiful,, I'm smiling now,, thanks for sharing,,

    ReplyDelete
  10. This magazine is one of my favorites! Love you decopaged vase with these great downloads!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a creative idea for a tablescape...I love it. That first picture is gorgeous isn't it? I don't usually buy this magazine, but I think I'll do so now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was just think that I love Victoria.... I was just putting my Blue and White issue away...(sigh) I save them all.... :)

    Your table is so lovely! :) You did a great job!
    ~Liz

    P.S. Thank you for adding my button to your sidebar! I'm adding yours tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I just love your beautiful table...so smart and so creative. Your vases turned out just perfect.
    I LOVE copy cat ideas so I will check out her party. Thanks for the heads up on it ....and the wonderful VICTORIA...:))

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is incredible. You have been busy girl. You did great copy cat on everything. I think these mags should be looking for all their talent right here in blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this post Ricki Jill! So charming! Thanks for linking it up at my party! :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate all of your comments :D