Crazymama is hosting We Want to Know Wednesday this week, and she wants us to answer one of the four following questions with five answers:
1. What do you want for Christmas?
I already answered this one. You can read my Christmas list here.
2. What do you want to get done before the holidays?
I have so much to do that this one is depressing! ;P
3. What are your Christmas traditions?
4. What are your five favorite Christmas songs?
I have already posted a couple I like (you can read that post here), but my favorite Christmas carol is "O Holy Night," and my favorite secular Christmas song is this:
I might even be a "Belieber" after viewing this video. I think Justin and Mariah's duet is adorable!
....so I guess I will answer number three: What are your Christmas traditions?
1. Skiing. We go skiing every year for Christmas.
2. Ornament shopping. Every year (usually Christmas Eve Eve) the girls and I go out to brunch and then shopping for one special Christmas ornament each. When the girls have homes of their own, I will pack their ornaments and send them to their new homes. I started this tradition when Shanley Belle was two years old; she bought the ugliest glass tiger ornament you have ever seen, and we are a University of Alabama family. We hate all things tigers!
3. Charity. Usually we adopt a child or family and purchase Christmas presents for them.
4. Reading. In addition to reading the Christmas story from Luke, we also enjoy reading Truman Capote's A Christmas Memory.
5. Baking. I have family favorites I enjoy baking every year, but Shanley Belle has decided that we will construct gingerbread houses every Christmas. This year was our first go at it, and you can read about it here.
Do you want to share any of your Christmas lists?
Until next time...