Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

BCS National Championship Prep

Monday, January 9, 2012

Photobucket


I am busy getting things ready to enjoy THE BIG GAME tonight.  *ROLL TIDE*  :D

We canceled our trip to New Orleans because I am still not feeling up to it, plus our oldest daughter has pneumonia.  I am so sad, but I will enjoy watching the game here at home.

We took down our Christmas decor, and I decorated the family room in crimson and white.



Photobucket



Photobucket


I am also making everyone's favorite dip for the game adapted from the Neiman Marcus Pure & Simple cookbook.  This dip is meant to be served hot.

Kevin's Artichoke Dip


Ingredients:
2 cans (14 ounces each) non-marinated artichoke hearts, drained well
1 cup Hellmann's olive oil reduced fat mayonnaise
1 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
2 tablespoons Spice World chopped garlic
2 tablespoons sherry
Dash of cayenne
Dash of paprika

Directions:
Mix and mash the drained artichoke hearts, the mayonnaise, and the parmesan cheese with a fork. The mixture should be thoroughly mixed, but with a few lumps.  Do not puree.  Add garlic and sherry. Mix thoroughly.  Put mixture in a small souffle or casserole dish, and top with a dash of cayenne and/or paprika.  Bake uncovered 15 minutes at 300 degrees.  I bet it will be gone before it cools down!

Serves 6 - 8

I suggest serving it with toasted French bread rounds, or Carr's cracked pepper water crackers.

I will be serving the dip in this crimson baker, with the crackers in this white bowl  :D


Photobucket


Until next time...

Roll Tide Roll!
Ricki Jill



9 comments

  1. So sorry you can't cheer in person! My brother just happens to be there for a bachelor party (from NYC) for a long weekend. He said it is crazy and that if you said "roll tide" last night, a person would just start a conversation with you. How fun. I am glad you are all healing and can still watch together...with artichoke dip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you and your daughter are feeling better soon Ricki-Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you, you're all set! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Ricki

    How your teams win's and pray you feel better soon.

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear you and your daughter are both sick. Wishing you both a speedy recovery. I hope your daughter doesn't miss too much schoolwork - it is so easy to get behind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you and your poor daughter! But the dip looks great. Get well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Feel better soon! What a game. Roll Tide!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you and your daughter get to feeling better!!! Thanks for the dip recipe, sounds yummy!:)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are friendly!


Hello!

I'm Ricki Jill. Welcome! I'm honored that you're reading my blog. I enjoy sharing my creative lifestyle @ The Bookish Dilettante. For more information about my blog, please read the Start Here page. Thank-you for stopping by, and I hope you'll consider following me via email.

Follow me on Instagram