Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

Color Trends for 2012

Thursday, January 12, 2012

I love interiors saturated in beautiful color.  I also like keeping up with color trends.  Here are three trends I found surfing the internet, and I would love your feedback.

Pantone's color if the year is tangerine tango.  I have mixed emotions about this one, although I did hang a tangerine flower strewn wallpaper in our art studio.


Photobucket



Photobucket

from Horchow



Photobucket


Photobucket

Wallpaper in our art studio



Farrow & Ball introduced four color stories, and this is the one I like best:


Photobucket


I love the pretty Incarnadine and All White as accents to the Pigeon.


I also love Benjamin Moore paints: My home is full of them!  Benjamin Moore's color of the year is Wythe Blue.  I think it is so pretty!  I also think it is very similar to Farrow & Ball's Pigeon. Honey wrote a fantastic post about Wythe blue.  You can read it here.


Photobucket



Photobucket
Wythe blue is such a delicious color!


Sometimes I get overwhelmed with so many choices, so I took the color personality quiz @ BHG. You can take the quiz here.  My results?  Creamy latte.  If I translated these colors into a bathroom, they might looks something like this:


Photobucket


I like it!  The latte accents and white look pretty with the ballet slipper peachy pink.

What color trends have you spotted?  Which ones do you like?

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill

14 comments

  1. I like Tangerine Tango although I don't know that I would decorate with it. (This coming from the girl who had orange living room walls up until 2 years ago!) I would definitely wear the color though.

    I wasn't crazy about Pigeon at first, but with the accent colors, it swayed me.

    I love the Wythe Blue. It's a great color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mi piacciono piu' i colori bianco e verdino!Baci,Rosetta

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the orange and your wallpaper, but I love all color. I took the "color quiz" and sea glass is my color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love creamy latte...I gess it's almost what we have now from last Oct. paint job we did around here. Before it was a very pale yellow, pretty too, I just got tired. Love your wall paper! Thank you sweet Jill for your kind and lovely visit. Big hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pigeon collection and the Whythe blue is fabulous! I'm going to be repainting my bathroom soon and I'm trying to decide what color I should do. You've given me some good inspiration! And I love your bangs in the post below. SO cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I work in marketing, so with several fashion-savvy gals. One of which sent me Pantone's color of the year post (and is wearing it today), which I think of as persimmon more than tangerine.....but since I hate all shades of orange, I'm less than thrilled with it. I do love the grey/blue with warm-toned contrast trend, though! And the use of coppers and dark golds as accents. I think they make a home cozier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. loving the blue!
    it is soft but still adds color.
    It is the color I am looking at painting my studio worktable
    My home is pretty much done in the decorating dept so my color picks are more fashion oriented, greens,blues and pops of red.
    I am trying to be a little more daring in my fashion :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess I don't really look for trends. I just like what I like and sometimes it just happens to be "in" that year. I love aquas and seafoams, rich browns, taupes and white. I love to add punches of color now and then to brighten things up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love BM paints. We've used Oriental Silk (now a custom color) for over 30 years and haven't tired of it yet. I haven't tried Wythe Blue yet but many bloggers have praised it. That may be the next color we use. I want to paint our ceiling in our kitchen and familyroom a very light blue.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the blue and orange. your wallpaper reminds me of plates I recently purchased... Your new look is fabulous Ricki...... XOXO Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the chair from Horchow but the Pantone color is a little intense for me. Seriously thinking of painting my powder room a more toned down shade- walls AND ceiling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was watching the Today show today and they said tangerine is going to be the new lipstick color YUK, I like it on the walls better! I am seeing a lot of the greys..pigeon, I like that, I love your wall color and I agree I love Benjamin Moore paint

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am wearing Tangerine Tango today!! (it was the nearest thing I had to Bronco Orange) I'm wearing it with grey....and I really like how it goes together!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am trying to capitalize on the vineyard/dark purple paint in my kitchen! I love it, but I just left it hanging there for quite some time with no anchors---working on that! Love all of the pics you included...giving me some thoughts on some pizazz for the room that the new chocolate brown couch is in!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are friendly!


Hello!

I'm Ricki Jill. Welcome! I'm honored that you're reading my blog. I enjoy sharing my creative lifestyle @ The Bookish Dilettante. For more information about my blog, please read the Start Here page. Thank-you for stopping by, and I hope you'll consider following me via email.

Follow me on Instagram