Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

My Happy List #47

Tuesday, March 20, 2012




Photobucket



Everything is Coming Up Roses on this week's Happy List!  :D


My Happy List

1.   We celebrated my grandmother's 92nd birthday with a Sunday brunch on March 18th. Spending time with my family makes me so very happy!  I wish I had taken pictures, but it was so loud in the restaurant I could not hear myself think!  While at the mall,  we took the girls to their mother ship, the new Free People store.  The big hit with them was all the pretty hair accessories.


Photobucket




2.   My husband and I celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary on March 19th (yesterday). Look what I found by our kitchen sink when I got home! Pretty roses make me happy!


Photobucket

These roses are called Topaz.




3.   Speaking of pretty roses, ours are just starting to bloom and bud.  :D It is almost time to plant spring annuals.  Working in the garden in early spring makes me so happy!


Photobucket



Photobucket



4.   We went to the library today, and every book that y'all have been suggesting to me was checked out (meaning they must be pretty good) except for one.  Your book suggestions have made me so happy, and I have placed a request on most of them!  :D


Photobucket

This book is a paranormal detective story about psychics.  It sounds very different from what I normally read!



5.   I have recently painted a couple of rose paintings.  Completing paintings makes me very happy!



Photobucket

"Roses in a Coal Scuttle"
6" X 6"
oil on art board



Photobucket

"Shabby Roses"
from Joyce Wasnor's book Big Art, Small Canvas
3" X 4"
oil on canvas

Last week was Shanley's spring break, and she returned to college yesterday.  This week is Shelley's spring break, and we have some fun things planned.  What is making you happy this week?  Join Mamarazzi @ Dandelion Wishes, and share your happy!

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill

18 comments

  1. Happy anniversary Ricki Jill and Mr. Ricki Jill! And enjoy your spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Ricki Sweetie...
    Oh what a beautiful share this morning. I love your list of things that make you happy.

    Happy Anniversary dear one. Your topaz roses are absolutely gorgeous. I could smell the fragrance clear out here in the desert this morning.

    Oh my goodness what beauty you have captured with your paintbrush. I love, LOVE the Roses in Coal Skuttle. Oh my gosh do they ever make my heart "SING". Just pure beauty dear friend. Pure beauty. You are so lucky to be able to capture such beauty from your heart, mind and the hand that holds that paint brush. I love seeing your work.

    Have a glorious day dear one. Many hugs and so much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. The roses your husband got you are beautiful! Happy Anniversary!

    Have a fabulous week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh happy anniversary and happy birthday to grandma. You have good genes!! I am glad your week is going well. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is some Happy List! Your paintings are beautiful! I love them both. Mr. Art did a fine job, as always! Have a happy week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I am always happy when I read your blog, Ricki Jill. Love your new painting. Happy anniversary. What a sweet husband you have.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary!!

    That reminds me.....my parent's anniversary is this week. I better get a card in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary!

    There is a good deal to be happy about here, that's awesome! Your flowers are so pretty, and those paintings are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary! And how wonderful to celebrate your grandmother's 92nd birthday!

    Beautiful paintings also!

    So nice to meet you here through the Happy List party :o)

    Blessings & Aloha!
    (If you get a chance to stop by, please leave a comment so that I know you were by :o) Q-t pie...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your artwork-such talent! I've never heard of the store you mentioned...I must look it up! As for making me happy...the weather, the sunshine, the flowers blooming and the smell of fresh mown grass! Summer in March-love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary! I've never heard of Free People, but it looks like an awesome store. Lovely things to be thankful for! - Lisa @ It Keeps Getting Better

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary! Have a week with each daughter while they are home on break must be fun. We don't have Free People around here. One of these days I might run across one while traveling and I'll be sure to stop in.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous paintings! I love them!

    Happy Anniversary! Enjoy Spring Break #2!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your happy list Ricki!!
    I'm happy that my son is finally not sick so we got to go to the Museum today!!
    Happy Anniversary!
    Pamela ox

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always enjoy your happy lists, Congratulations on your Wedding Anniversary and your Gran's birthday Celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You had a week of wonderful happy events. The roses left by your husband are beautiful and how romantic! The rose paintings are beautiful Ricki Jill. You are blessed with a talent.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Belated happy birthday to your grandma and happy anniversary to you and Mr. Art @ Home. Wishing you more years of bliss and happiness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy anniversary and happy birthday to your grandmother! We are just getting back from spring break and am getting over a nasty cold/ear infection/sinus infection. I'm looking forward to getting caught up on your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are friendly!


Hello!

I'm Ricki Jill. Welcome! I'm honored that you're reading my blog. I enjoy sharing my creative lifestyle @ The Bookish Dilettante. For more information about my blog, please read the Start Here page. Thank-you for stopping by, and I hope you'll consider following me via email.

Follow me on Instagram