Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

We Want to Know Wednesday #19

Wednesday, March 14, 2012




null



Just in time for The Hunger Games, WWTKW is all about food! ;P  WWTKW is hosted by Queso, Crazymama, and Mamarazzi.


{1}Ricki Jill from http://ricki-treleaven.blogspot.com wants to know:
I would like to know what the WWTK's  participants serve when they have company for dinner.  What are your go-to recipes?


I cannot wait to read your responses to this question because I need help!

Definitely everyone's favorite go-to recipe of mine is my Buttermilk Pie.  The recipe makes two pies, one for sharing with guests and one to enjoy later. The recipe is below, and you can read some of my other favorite recipes on my recipe page.


Photobucket


Yummy Buttermilk Pie

5 eggs (room temperature)
2 cups sugar
1 cup whole buttermilk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 heaping teaspoon grated lemon rind (at least two lemons)
3/4 cup melted unsalted butter
1 1/2 tablespoons flour (all purpose)
2  8" pie shells (deep dish!)

Combine first two ingredients, and beat well.  Stir in buttermilk and next 2 ingredients.  Stir in melted butter and flour.  Pour into two 8-inch deep dish pie shells.  Bake at 275 degrees for ten minutes.  Increase to 300 degrees, and bake 45 - 50 minutes.

Garnish with fresh fruit, freshly ground nutmeg, lemon zest, mint leaves, and/or freshly whipped cream.




{2}Jill @ http://jills-world.blogspot.com wants to know:
If you were told it was time for your last meal, what would you order up or make for yourself?


I would probably want comfort food if told it was my last meal, so I would want my favorite meal from childhood:  My grandmother's fried chicken with rice and English peas.  My grandmother can cook the very best fried chicken in the world!


{3}Suzanne @ http://suzannewynnell.wordpress.com/ wants to know:
Sugar or alcohol? or more delicately Drink or Dessert?


Dessert!!!  And I am posting an amazing one later today that actually has both sugar and alcohol in it *giggles*   But you will have to come back later to see the chocolaty goodness.  ;P


{4}Myya @ http://myyasays.blogspot.com/ wants  to know:
What is your favorite Crock Pot Recipe?


My favorite Crock Pot Recipe is Irish Stew.  We will be eating it Thursday night.  :D


Photobucket


Guinness Beef Stew


Ingredients:
1 bottle of Guinness stout beer
2 pounds stew meat
2 yellow onions, medium, diced
2 carrots, large, diced
6 new potatoes, large, diced
24 ounces beef broth
1 clove fresh garlic, minced
Rosemary and thyme to taste
1/2 stick butter
1 cup flour, seasoned with pepper
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

1.   Place beef and flour in zipper bag.  Shake to cover beef with flour.

2.   Melt butter in large pot.  Place seasoned beef into pot and allow to cook to golden brown.

3.   Transfer meat to crock pot.  Add Guinness and beef broth to pot.  Add the vegetables and seasoning, and cook on high for four hours or low for six to eight hours.  Check it every so often in case you need to add a little water to the stew.

Serves: four


{5} Mamarazzi is having a hard time getting breakfast in everyday so she wants to know:
What are you eating for breakfast these days?


Photobucket


I eat Dan D Pak Goji Omega Boost Oatmeal and 1/2 cup blueberries almost every morning.  I like to mix the blueberries in with the oatmeal and heat it in the microwave once the oatmeal is done.  Yummy!


These questions are fun this week! :D

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill

20 comments

  1. This was a fun post in honor of The Hunger Games! heehee
    I have never had Buttermilk Pie. I think I need to make it. Thanks for sharing the Irish Stew recipe as well. I also think I need to make that one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds good, the beef stew:). I may try that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of Buttermilk Pie! Sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're having Irish stew at the weekend when we celebrate St Patrick's Day. My dad is making it- being Irish he makes a wonderful Guiness based beef stew. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'm going to have to give that stew a try. It sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhhhh that stew sounds delish.

    the oatmeal does too.

    thanks for linking up and stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. buttermilk pie sounds awesome! never heard of it before! the oatmeal sounds yummy! quick and easy and that is what i need! the irish stew -- well this veggie can't have that : ) thanks for sharing! sending hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omigosh that recipe looks delish! Must pin it to my recipe board. And good for you for eating healthy every morning. I start my day off with the breakfast of champions - chocolate chip cookies :)
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Irish Stew sounds great! I'm making Corned Beef and Cabbage for the adults at my daughters birthday party this weekend! I'm so excited to be entertaining again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum I am coming over for pie. I love buttermilk anything. I would eat the whole thing. I have to be good. Remember my physical.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Guiness beer stew? Going to have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was just reading about buttermilk pie last night with my daughter. She's reading a book called "My Louisiana Sky." It sounded so good. Now I can't wait to try it for myself!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. lots of good stuff going on here today, yummo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooooh that Irish Stew sounds so good right now!! My aunt made Buttermilk Pie for my sister-in-law's wedding shower - she had heard Carrie Underwood had it at her wedding, and she said, "If it's good enough for Carrie Underwood, it's good enough for us!" haha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The pie sounds right down my ally. So does the stew - YUM!! Cannot wait to see the dessert! I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm going to look for that oatmeal...I never have time to make it! lol This would be quicker! Love this post! ♥ I'm making bunnies...come and see! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Man, I had beef for the first time in ages. I think I had it once in the last 2 years. We decided to celebrate St. Patty's early with some corned beef and cabbage----we hadn't had this since who knows when?? Perhaps ten years!! We decided to have it and I cooked it in the crockpot and it was mmmmmm, good. But I just can't eat pies, and stews and such and I should not have eaten the corned beef because of my cholesterol....but hey, once in a while I just DO. I love the gluten free oatmeal by Bob's--nice thick rolled oats. I like mine with cinnamon and raisins. My hubby does have his with blueberries. I did see a recipe on pinterest for a baked oatmeal with pumpkin which I might be tempted to try!

    ReplyDelete
  18. visiting from mamarazzi's wwtk... i've never had buttermilk pie either, sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love blueberries...love!! that buttermilk pie sounds amazing. i use to make fried chicken, my dad asked me the other day when i was going to make some and have him over for dinner. my husband looked at me and asked, "You make fried chicken" ummm yeah it has been a while.

    thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are friendly!


Hello!

I'm Ricki Jill. Welcome! I'm honored that you're reading my blog. I enjoy sharing my creative lifestyle @ The Bookish Dilettante. For more information about my blog, please read the Start Here page. Thank-you for stopping by, and I hope you'll consider following me via email.

Follow me on Instagram