This week Crazymama is asking the questions:
Let's talk summer. Ours is in full swing and the temps are rising (we got up to 114 on a few days already) So this weeks questions are about keeping cool and other summer delights.
(1) What is the usual summer high temperature where you live?
The average high for July, our hottest month in Birmingham, Alabama, is 91 degrees.
(2) How do you keep cool? Do you have central air?
Yes, we have central air! We spend most weekends at Lake Martin because it is a little cooler. We like to go boating, do water sports, and swim!
Shelley and her friends Bailey and Alexis tubing on Lake Martin.
(3) Do you swim? If you get in the water do you get your hair and make-up wet?
Yes and yes.
(4) What is your favorite summer look? As far as outfit , shoe choice and hairstyle? (Pics are rad or just describe it.) Do you wear less make-up in the summer?
t-shirts, shorts, skirts, and sandals
I wear my hair up a lot, and I do wear a little less make-up, but I always wear a light base with sunscreen or just sunscreen and powder.
I love this Stella clip from Brighton.
We like to grill a lot and make salads. I do not like to use the oven or stove very much because it heats up the kitchen and keeping room.
This is a salad I love to serve in the summer because it is so refreshing! We love our Jello salads in the South, and this is my very favorite one. My grandmother used to make it for me all the time!
1 pt strawberries, washed and sliced; (place on plate when serving)
1 cup small curd cottage cheese
8oz can crushed pineapple, drained
1 3ozs Jello dessert (strawberry, unprepared use powder)
8 ozs cool whip (thawed)
1/3 cup chopped pecans for topping
1. In large mixing bowl, add jello powder to cottage cheese and mix well, scraping bottom and sides of bowl until thoroughly blended.
2. Add pineapple.
3. Fold in thawed Cool Whip to blend, and transfer to serving dish (I use an 8" X 8" casserole dish).
4. Top with chopped pecans, cover, and refrigerate at least 3 hours (preferably overnight).
5. Cut into squares and serve!
I want to know your answers to these questions! ;P Why don't you link-up?
Thanks Crazymama for these fun questions this week!
Until next time...