Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

My Happy List: Fun October Activities

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Photobucket


Thanks for joining My Happy List.  I hope you will link-up your happy with me this month while Mamarazzi takes a blog break.

My Happy List

1.   Amy is making the cutest little pumpkin sweaters.  Why, you may ask?  Well 'cause the poor 'lil punkin' is chilly, bless his little heart!  *giggles*


P1050357

Chilly weather makes me happy!  {However it is hot and muggy while writing this post}....


2.   Have you met my friend Raleigh from Hawaii?  She is a talented artist, and I had to giggle when I saw this painting and its name:


PopokiUndertheKoki

Popoki Under the Koki

Naughty pets make me happy!  :D


3.   I will be attending Antiques at the Gardens this weekend with my sorority sisters.  Yay!  :D


Photobucket

Fun October activities make me happy!  :D


4.   I am so happy about Banned Books Week.  :D  I have been re-reading To Kill a Mockingbird.  Got to *love* that Scout!  I hope you are joining me this Friday!




5.   I am having so much fun planning my "booth" for Le Mysterieux Carnival.  :D  I am looking forward to seeing what other artists have created for this fun linky.  Fun link parties make me happy!

imagine_zpsc87cbb5e




P1050282_zps9effa974

Do you have your silver ticket yet?



P1050354

Here is a preview of my Le Mysterieux Carnival booth!  



This is a linky, so please write a post, link-up, and share your happy!  :D

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill

20 comments

  1. Love this post and you know what...I think I will be pulling out that WELL READ...I mean WELL READ copy of J.D. Salingers Catcher on the Rye!
    YAY for banned books! hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reallly should re-read To Kill a Mockingbird

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound like you are going to have a fun October. We were 105 here yesterday. I am trying not to complain but I too am ready for cooler weather and some rain which we need. Enjoy your weekend with your sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I love that painting, and your booth looks like it's going to be fun! That sounds so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the pumpkin sweaters are too cute. And the carnival booth sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post. Lots of happy here. So glad you are keeping this going. Your blog header painting is making me astonishingly happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ricki Jill,
    Very fun. By the way, I love your painting at the top of your blog page. So pretty.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Once again I am in awe of the beauty I get from your post so pretty love the photos and the ducky is a favorite ;}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, thank you for adding Popoki! You gotta love Scout, I almost named my daughter that but was afraid she end up being a tom-boy! She is anyway and I love her just as she is. I just picked up an old copy of The Yearly with N.C. Wyeth illustrations. You gotta love Gregory Peck's Atticus and Penny.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know I'm going to go check out the pumpkin sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a full week of happiness ahead.
    Loving that painting!!!
    Now that the child is in school, maybe I can finally find time to sit and read a book.
    I am thrilled the little pumpkin made your happy list.
    :)
    My heart is warmed
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of fun things to make your heart happy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. To Kill a Mockingbird is on a banned books list? Oh that brings back so many childhood memories for me. Watching the film and being sooo terrified of Boo. I am so happy that it is Thanksgiving weekend in a few days and we will have a gang of family and friends here. Hmmm. wonder if I can get them working in my yard?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the painting and can not wait to read your post about To Kill a Mockingbird as well as your Le Mysterieux Carnival booth and the adventures with your sorrity sisters. You have a lot to be happy about.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Ricki

    I love your pumpkin and the painting. How sweet!

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's funny, but I'm not sure which books have been on a banned list. I think Harry Potter was - somewhere - and my husband tells me that D. H. Lawrence was (but I'm not writing about his books!!!) and otherwise I'm not sure. I read and enjoyed To Kill a Mockingbird, but didn't realize it had been banned.

    I always enjoy reading your happy list. Are you hosting the party now? The link is already closed, otherwise I could write up a post and contribute - or I could do it for next time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had no idea about this party or I sure would have been here.:(

    A friend and I just watched the cd of To Kill A Mockingbird.
    Gotta love that G. Peck....*heavy sigh

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been in love with Scout and to Kill A Mockingbird since I first read it. Can't wait to see your carnival booth!

    Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  20. Posted on 10/4/12 due to being in the hospital from 9/30 - 10/3
    monstermatha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are friendly!


Hello!

I'm Ricki Jill. Welcome! I'm honored that you're reading my blog. I enjoy sharing my creative lifestyle @ The Bookish Dilettante. For more information about my blog, please read the Start Here page. Thank-you for stopping by, and I hope you'll consider following me via email.

Follow me on Instagram