Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

My Happy List: Happy in the Art Studio

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

P1050447_zps710fb76a

Welcome to My Happy List, a link party hosted by Mamarazzi @ Dandelion Wishes.  I am hosting for her this month while she takes a break.

I only have one thing to share this week, but it's a biggie.

I am happy in the art studio!!!  :D

This post could've also been subtitled:

Where the heck is Mike Rowe when you really need him?  :/

I have been working diligently organizing and cleaning the studio.  But the one job I really hate is cleaning the threads on the paint tubes.  They get so icky!  Check it out:


P1050446_zps40938daa


P1050445_zpsacb49aef

I use Goo Gone to clean the tubes.  I had tons of them to clean!

I also attended a Jamboree at Forstall Art Supply and got lots of freebies!!!  


P1050450_zpsf127e1d1

Look at all the Gamblin freebies *and* an Alizarin Crimson from Graham paints!



P1050452_zps4a967d83

I really like the idea of using walnut oil as a solvent and medium.  It is nontoxic and better for my asthma and the environment! I bought this started kit.  The paint feels like butter!

What is making you happy this week?  Link-up and share!


Photobucket

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


14 comments

  1. Oh I'm in heaven....I could paint in that space no problem. Lucky girl all those freebies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the painting of the pink flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so admire you for your painting talent! I think everyone wishes that they could, it looks so relaxing!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. All that paint looks lovely, and great photos! I wish I had an art studio. I'm contemplating turning a corner of my room into one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ricki Jill, I'm no artist so this is one clean up I don't have! My daughter-in-law and sister are both talented painters and I've been lucky to received paintings from both. This makes me very happy! Your studio is so lovely I can't imagine any job not fun there! Nice freebies.........

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ricki Jill...good for you for cleaning your art room. I know when my sewing room gets messy I need to take a break, clean up and sort. I am more productive and yes, happier! Love all the freebies. Hope you are having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your art stuido looks nice... cleaning all those tubes of paint would by yucky! LOL have fun with that. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ricki Jill,
    I would be happy if I could paint! Such a pretty studio and I love your work. By the way, good job on the threads of the paint tubes.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ricki Jill,
    I came back to see your Halloween decorations. Have you posted them yet? Nel is working with these paints now also. I have always wanted to learn to paint, but I'm not sure I would be good at it because I can't draw at all.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to have a studio where I could paint or do other crafts. Yours just looks like a happy place.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You lucky girl...enjoy your studio time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha! Where is that Mike Rowe when we need him? Glad you got all cleaned up and those freebies must be so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are friendly!


Hello!

I'm Ricki Jill. Welcome! I'm honored that you're reading my blog. I enjoy sharing my creative lifestyle @ The Bookish Dilettante. For more information about my blog, please read the Start Here page. Thank-you for stopping by, and I hope you'll consider following me via email.

Follow me on Instagram