Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

Tasty Thursday: Squash Muffins

Thursday, October 25, 2012

This is one of my favorite fall recipes, and a sneaky way to get your kids to eat vegetables.

P1050467_zps229ec3b0 


Squash Muffins

Ingredients:
2 lbs. yellow squash (about 8 medium)
2 eggs
1 c butter, melted
1 c sugar
3 c all-purpose flour
1 T plus 2 t baking powder
1 t salt

Method:
Wash squash thoroughly; trim off ends.  Cut squash into one inch slices.  Cook in a small amount of boiling water 15 - 20 minutes or until tender.  Drain well, and mash.

Measure enough of the squash to equal 2 cups.  Combine squash, eggs, and butter.  Stir well and set aside.

Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.

Spoon into greased muffin tins 3/4 full.  Bake @ 375 degrees for 20 minutes.

*The recipe is supposed to make 1 1/2 dozen muffins, but I usually make slightly more, maybe 22 muffins.



P1050468_zps5a60dfb4 


I hope you try these!  They're great!
Linking to:
Beautiful Sunday

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill

13 comments

  1. Interesting-never heard of them. They look yummy though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi pretty RJ! Oh, I don't have any kids at home anymore but I do have me and Mr. Precious and these look so good! I love squash but other than zucchini, I've not had yellow squash in a goodie. I just may have to try this!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Headed to the market...hopefully they have yellow squash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They must be so buttery! Sounds good! I like any kind of squash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummly!...got to try these little beauties! and "pin".

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to try those, YUM.
    Now where is that darn personal chef to whip them up ;)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those sound delicious! I love squash, and this is similar to what I'd do with pears or apples for the fall....only it sounds earthier and heartier. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will definitely have to book mark this post for next year's squash from the garden. It looks delicious... BTW... Love the table setting

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM! I've never had squash muffins, but they sound & look great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They sound great, and I'll be happy to give them a try! xo Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look fabulous. I wonder if you could make this recipe into bread?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never used yellow squash, butternut yes, but these look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are friendly!


Hello!

I'm Ricki Jill. Welcome! I'm honored that you're reading my blog. I enjoy sharing my creative lifestyle @ The Bookish Dilettante. For more information about my blog, please read the Start Here page. Thank-you for stopping by, and I hope you'll consider following me via email.

Follow me on Instagram