Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

My Happy List: Quite Random!

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I haven't heard from Mamarazzi, so I'm unsure when she'll be returning to blogging.  Still, I wanted to write a Happy List because I thought it would be something positive for me to focus on rather than the ridiculous numbers of amendments I'll have to vote on today.  Here's an idea, Alabama:  How about trashing our overly long and outdated constitution and start all over from scratch?  :/  *steps off soapbox*  Now on to happier things!

This week's list is randomlicious!

My Happy List

1.   I am always happy when October turns into November.  I am not a huge fan of Halloween, and October is one of our busiest months.  Yay for November!


P1050518

Calendar by Ling Chang


2.   I won a neat postcard from a German artist during Le Mysterieux Carnival party.


P1050520

Thanks so much to The Public Postcard!


3.   I won a fantastic giveaway @ Holiday with Matthew Mead!  Check out these neat vintage jelly jars!  I used them on Halloween to serve pumpkin pudding.  You can see my recipe for pumpkin pudding here.




I love the jars!  Winning neat prizes like this makes me so happy.  They even sent me the neat moon graphics on heavy card stock.  :D


4.   Forstall is having a sale!  I buy most of my art supplies from them.  


A sip and shop?  Allowing me to sip wine while shopping for art supplies is probably Mr. Art @ Home's worst nightmare!  ;P


5.   I'm so happy that our hydrangeas are still blooming!  :D





6.   I have been decorating a little for Thanksgiving.  Decorating for holidays makes me so happy!



7.   I met Caroline from Glitter Tart Designs on Friday.  Happy!  We had cappuccinos and treats at one of my favorite places in Birmingham:  The Continental Bakery.  We discussed books, art, and family.  Caroline's adorable, and if you haven't visited her enchanting blog, you can do so here.




What is making you happy this week?

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill

12 comments

  1. All great things to be happy for! I'm just happy that the sun is shining for the first time since Sandy! (Even if its only 29 degrees!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also happy that it is November, it means it is nearly Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you are enjoying the jelly jars. They look great!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. a whole lot of things are making me happy this week at the moment reading this beautiful post made me very happy, lovely prizes, love the jelly jars, very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Happy list! I wrote one too, though I'm starting to think Mamarazzi has disappeared from blogging...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wrote one too. I'm not sure when she will be back as well, before I found she started her Happy List on Tuesdays I did a Wednesday Woo Hoo. I like to post something postive during the week.

    Great list. I always love your table settings, flower arrangements. Heck anything artsy from you. The Contential Bakery looks very historic. I think I need to see Alabama some day. I love history and historical buildings. I love the architect of older buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much to be thankful for! Isn't it wonderful that in the South we have such a long growing season!


    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you won those jars! I love them! Decorating you say? Hmmm, is that new for you? Hee hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am happy to be back blogging after my extended forced break and being able to read your blog again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your wins...the jars are wonderful. And the hydrangeas, what a breath of fresh air! I like November, too, sort of the calm before the storm!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely list Ricki Jill. This week I have just started thinking about Thanksgiving. Hopefully the thinking process will lead to a list that will lead to the final product. Hopefully being the key word. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too funny - Mr. Art@Home's worst nightmare is you with a glass of wine at an art sale. Sounds like fun to me. A great Happy List - as always.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are friendly!


Hello!

I'm Ricki Jill. Welcome! I'm honored that you're reading my blog. I enjoy sharing my creative lifestyle @ The Bookish Dilettante. For more information about my blog, please read the Start Here page. Thank-you for stopping by, and I hope you'll consider following me via email.

Follow me on Instagram