Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

Fresh Cut Friday: Carnations

Thursday, January 3, 2013



I really need some encouragement in the art studio, so I put together a little bouquet of pink carnations and Star of Bethlehem in a dark blue flower frog.  I then placed them on top of the three books I goto for Christmas, and I hope that the creative genius of the writers will inspire me!  ;P

Pink carnations symbolize "I'll never forget you."
Star of Bethlehem flowers symbolize "Hope in Life."



I still haven't varnished the painting I finished months ago.  I need to varnish it and have it framed for our kitchen!



Frank Delaney is the best writer in the English language.
I also received the cookbook and The Stockholm Octavio for Christmas.  *squee*




Pink carnations are one of my favorite flowers, and I liked them paired with the green and delicate white flowers of the Star of Bethlehem.  I thought the Star of Bethlehem would be appropriate since it's almost Twelfth Night!  :D


Join Liz @ Rose Vignettes for Fresh Cut Friday!




Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


15 comments

  1. Just lovely Ricki Jill! One of my favorite flowers, the Star of Bethlehem looks so pretty with the pink carnations. Good luck with the French cooking! I think the painting will look great in your kitchen. I'll be watching for your book review on The Last Storyteller..........

    Hugs,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ricki Jill, Your arrangement is so pretty and I do think the Star of Bethlehem is appropriate! i have never read Frank Delaney but am planning to read Ireland soon. I'm not familiar with The Stockholm Octavio but I will check it out as I am always looking for something new. Good luck with the French cooking! I heard her speak once years ago and she was hilarious. Coming over from Fresh-Cut Friday! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. You created such a beautiful little vignette there. You are so talented ... love your painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Came back to tell you I haven't ready any Frank Delaney. I'll have to make a note of that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ricki Jill! Happy New Year! What a great idea for inspiration. I will have to remember that! I imagine your painting will look lovely in your kitchen. You will have to show us! I hope the creative juices flow for you very soon. I have had so much fun making things this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful! And I bought a Julia Child cookbook today..volume 1. I need volume 2 like the one in your photo. I didn't even realize there were 2 volumes until I googled it! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE YOUR Painting!!!! That is so pretty!
    Thank you for sharing your post on Fresh-Cut Friday. I love the pink Carnations to.

    I hope you are having a Happy New Year!

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, I love that little setting, but just for you sweet lady I am going to admit that I spent a few minutes looking for the FROG...then it hit me what kind of frog you meant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Exquisite as is the still life you painted. I admire your talent! Love the mix of carnations with the Star of Bethlehem. It's a beautiful contrast. I bought a Star of Bethlehem potted plant this Christmas that I'm going to plant in the ground and see what it does. Thanks for sharing this beautiful vignette. Hope you will paint it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful way to start my day. Happy Friday to you Ricki!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow I love your painting Ricki!!! That is one great place to paint.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore carnations!!!!
    They are my absolute favorite flower.
    I always have them in the house.
    Your painting is GORGEOUS! it will go lovely in a white kitchen!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely and AH look at that painting! wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are friendly!


Hello!

I'm Ricki Jill. Welcome! I'm honored that you're reading my blog. I enjoy sharing my creative lifestyle @ The Bookish Dilettante. For more information about my blog, please read the Start Here page. Thank-you for stopping by, and I hope you'll consider following me via email.

Follow me on Instagram