Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

Have You Made Your Snowflakes for Sandy Hook Yet?

Friday, January 4, 2013

If you haven't, here's a little inspiration and a tutorial I found.  I'm taking down Christmas decor today, and I've turned our dining room into a winter wonderland to inspire me while I make some paper snowflakes for Sandy Hook.  You can read my original post about it here. Tomorrow, I'll host a linky featuring your snowflakes.  Remember to mail them on Monday so they'll get to Connecticut by January 12th.










Shelley and I will enjoy an afternoon tea once we've finished making a few snowflakes.  The blue hydrangea is the last of my hydrangeas, and the gardeners just came this morning and cut our hydrangeas, crepe myrtles, and roses down to stubs.  I'm in shock!  Maybe I'll post photos later.

Resources:
Snowflake-shaped tea light votives:  Tracery Interiors, Mountain Brook Village
China:  Wedgwood's Amherst Pattern
Tablecloth:  Kohl's
Napkins:  Vintage
Crystal bowl:  Lismore master's bowl
Candlesticks:  MacKenzie-Childs Stoke Gabriel pattern
Square cake platter:  Williams-Sonoma
Cut crystal case:  Horse show trophy
Candlescape tray, hurricane, votives, snowbird ornament, vase filler and all candles:  Pier 1



Here is a fun tutorial to help get you started on your snowflakes:

LG-Paper_Snowflakes1_zps0443eaaf




I hope you will join me in the morning for the Snowflakes for Sandy Hook Link Party!


P1050664_zps4451e5a0


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill

6 comments

  1. This is a wonderful idea! I will get to work on it this evening when I get home from work. I do hope this effort helps to bring some cheer into the lives of those little surviving angels. Thank you for your thoughtfulness.

    Big, Big Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful dear Ricky Jill, how sweet and what a wonderful and generous idea! My heart goes out for the families that lost dear family in that tragedy...it's specially sad for young parents to have lost their little angels so close to the C'mas holidays...omg, how hard!! Thank you for your sweet visit, I hope your family and you had a great holiday and wishing you all a very blessed new year 2013.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was confused when CNN said they went back to school already...I thought I missed my snowflake chance. Phew...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty winter table! I love the cool, snowflake theme, and the beautiful flowers add such beauty! I also admire your china pattern -- elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea and what a pretty table! I love the snowflake tea light holders! I also LOVE the fluffy bird!!! So cute!!!! I had a couple of birds on my winter table as well, so I'm always keen to notice them! =D Thanks for sharing! Have a great day! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely table...I have made cutout snowflakes in many, many years!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are friendly!


Hello!

I'm Ricki Jill. Welcome! I'm honored that you're reading my blog. I enjoy sharing my creative lifestyle @ The Bookish Dilettante. For more information about my blog, please read the Start Here page. Thank-you for stopping by, and I hope you'll consider following me via email.

Follow me on Instagram