Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

Musical Monday: Eternal Flame

Monday, January 21, 2013




Happy Monday Morning!  Sorry I didn't blog at all over the weekend, but Shanley Belle came home from college, and we've been having lots of family time!  :D

I've been previewing a book for Shelley entitled Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion.  It is a quirky, post-apocalyptic zombie love story that has been made into a movie.  There should be LOTS of Frank Sinatra music in the movie if it's an accurate adaptation, but while reading it, I couldn't get The Banlges' "Eternal Flame" out of my head.  It would be a great song for the movie's soundtrack.  :D  More about Warm Bodies Friday...



The Banlges "Eternal Flame"


"Eternal Flame"

Close your eyes, give me your hand, darlin'
Do you feel my heart beating
Do you understand
Do you feel the same
Am I only dreaming
Is this burning an eternal flame

I believe it's meant to be, darlin'
I watch you when you are sleeping
You belong with me
Do you feel the same
Am I only dreaming
Or is this burning an eternal flame

Say my name
Sun shines through the rain
A whole life so lonely
And then come and ease the pain
I don't want to lose this feeling, oh

Close your eyes, give me your hand
Do you feel my heart beating
Do you understand
Do you feel the same
Am I only dreaming
Or is this burning an eternal flame 

(repeat)



Warm Bodies trailer


What have you been listening to lately?

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill

8 comments

  1. I almost chose a song from The Bangles on Sunday as well due to the singer's birthday was last week.

    I am glad you enjoyed your weekend with your family. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I totally heard this song in a supermarket in Wendover this weekend and had it stuck in my head all day yesterday! Awesome!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I've seen the trailer for that movie on TV. I didn't know it was a book!

    Love The Bangles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that move looks hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been listening, non-stop, to the Les Mis movie soundtrack. I am still not tired of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh The Bangles! People used to tell me I looked like Susanna Hoffs back in the 80s. If only that were true! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had me at Sinatra...I can't wait to hear how it was! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Family always comes first so we understand. Precious times with our children, at any age..........
    Sorry I missed you Saturday. I went to a million places.............

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete

Comments are friendly!


Hello!

I'm Ricki Jill. Welcome! I'm honored that you're reading my blog. I enjoy sharing my creative lifestyle @ The Bookish Dilettante. For more information about my blog, please read the Start Here page. Thank-you for stopping by, and I hope you'll consider following me via email.

Follow me on Instagram