Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

Snowflakes for Sandy Hook Closed

Friday, January 4, 2013

I just received an email informing me that the Connecticut PTA is no longer accepting snowflakes for the Sandy Hook project.  They have been overwhelmed with participation, and suggest that we share our snowflakes in our own communities.

I'm so sorry but I'm canceling the linky, and I'm disappointed for those of us who have made snowflakes that won't be shared with the Sandy Hook community.

Here is a quote from the announcement:

"Thank you to everyone who has donated snowflakes on behalf of the children of Sandy Hook  Elementary School and the community of Newtown. We know that each snowflake represents the emotional outreach of the person making it. We have been overwhelmed by the outpouring of generosity from around not just the country but the world. At this time, we have enough beautiful snowflakes to blanket the community of Newtown. Therefore, with regret we must close the snowflake project to further donations. Please take this idea and your snowflakes and create a winter wonderland of your own in your community as a show of solidarity for our Newtown families."

Shanley Belle has a kidney infection, so she's coming home for some TLC. Hopefully we can rest, drink plenty of fluids, and watch some chick flicks this weekend.

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


8 comments

  1. I had thought that was announced a while back but didnt want to say anything in case you had a different place they were going. Oh goodness hope she will feel btter soon. I guess none of us can start off on the right foot this year. Lets hope for a better year starting next week;)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Shanley Belle feels better soon. Being with mom should help! Take care of each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thoughtful of you!!! How about donating any snowflakes to a retirement home or another school or church?
    Hope Shanley feels better very very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! I'mm so sorry RJ!! not for anything, you would think that they would love all of the snowflakes, even if they threw them away!! I looked at your snowflakes and your diagram on making them. This is a shame!!!
    enjoy playing "mama" to your not so little Shanley!!
    xDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope Miss Shanley feels better soon! I'm sure you'll take good care of her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hoping you stay cozy and she heals quickly. sorry about the snowflakes but I know there is lots of places tat would love to have them :) Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor girl! I hope she feels better soon. I recommend (500) Days of Summer, Stranger Than Fiction, and a Downton Abbey marathon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our community center here in our neighborhood had a session all set up to make snowflakes but cancelled it because Sandy Hook was overwhelmed with them, and requested them to stop. Everyones' heart was in the right place.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are friendly!


Hello!

I'm Ricki Jill. Welcome! I'm honored that you're reading my blog. I enjoy sharing my creative lifestyle @ The Bookish Dilettante. For more information about my blog, please read the Start Here page. Thank-you for stopping by, and I hope you'll consider following me via email.

Follow me on Instagram