Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

Special After School Snack: Deep Butter Cake

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Shelley has had a tough week which included a biology test, so I cooked her a special snack: Deep Butter Cake from Helfer's Bakery.   Here is the recipe. One of my blog friends posted this a while back, and I can't remember who. If you're the guilty party, please comment!  :D






One of my favorite Christmas presents from my best friend, Susan.




The secret to the cake is butter flavoring.  It's worth the search for it!  :D  Shelley loved the cake, and she is a very picky eater.

Resources:
Tablecloth:  Anthropologie
China:  Harvest by Lenox
Square cake plate:  Zen platter from Williams-Sonoma
Vase:  MacKenzie-Childs Dandy small vase
Cake knife and server:  Gift

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill

16 comments

  1. Lucky Shelly! That cake looks delicious, I'm going to have to try it. Lovely table setting. Love the tablecloth.........I've had a busy week, oh and those storms we had! Will be by to visit your posts from earlier in the week.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum-E!..so eloquent,yet easy recipe.I'll take two slices maybe three.
    Lov'n the tablecloth colors, the tableware, and your Christmas present from Susan,BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, when I saw the words "deep butter," I couldn't open the post fast enough. It looks so, so good. I'm heading off now to look at the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds, yummy. I bet Shelly did love it.
    Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cakes looks amazing. Love the platter and the servers, so unique. Glad Shelley loved her treat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will study for cake.

    I've never made a cake whose primary flavoring is butter. Iiiinteresting...I'll have to give this a chance. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will study for cake.

    I've never made a cake whose primary flavoring is butter. Iiiinteresting...I'll have to give this a chance. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh- That looks delicious!!!! I am OFF sugar but I am sure someone in my family would gobble this up! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds amazing and its so lovely displayed,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, this is going to be made as SOON as I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That really does look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All you had to say was "butter" and my mouth instantly started watering. This looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ricki Jill, My coffee is longing for a square to accompany it this morning :) I had to click over and see the recipe! Love your new servers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my. I need to make this cake!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are friendly!


Hello!

I'm Ricki Jill. Welcome! I'm honored that you're reading my blog. I enjoy sharing my creative lifestyle @ The Bookish Dilettante. For more information about my blog, please read the Start Here page. Thank-you for stopping by, and I hope you'll consider following me via email.

Follow me on Instagram