Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday Confessions March 8, 2013

Friday, March 8, 2013

 photo HighHeeledLove_zpsbbcc137c.jpg
I have so much to confess today.  I've been a bad bloggy friend...really bad......

I confess...

I confess that I've been bad in not visiting you much this week.  But it isn't totally my fault....it's the fault of this:


Seriously, I couldn't put it down.  :/
I tell a wee bit about it on this week's Literary Friday post.

I confess...

I confess that I broke my vow of not buying magazines on the newsstand. But when I saw this photo...


I confess that i've been obsessed with this dining room for a very long time.


In this magazine...

 photo 52fde8d5-747c-4381-98e2-062964db814f.jpg


Well I lacked all self-control, I tell ya....
If you haven't bought this yet, you really should.  It is one of the "best" "Best-Of" magazines out there. The magazine is divided into these sections: Bohemian, Cottage, Modern, Romantic, and Rustic.  I would be hard-pressed to pick which section I liked best.  :D

I confess...

I confess that Mr. Art @ Home is spoiling me rotten with little small gifts. We'll be celebrating 25 years of marital stress bliss this month, and I don't want any expensive jewelry (he keeps asking).  Most of the gifts have been small (like peppermint patties), but he did get me a new Nespresso.  :D  I must confess that I'm addicted, and I've (surprisingly) liked most of the espresso blends better than the coffee blends.


Hey Sarah, Patti, and Deb:  MacKenzie-Childs really needs to make espresso (or demitasse) cups.
;P  Let's start a letter-writing campaign!


I confess...

I confess that I have a peanut butter addiction that I'm trying hard to manage. So I bought the new PB Cheerios.  Yum!



I confess...

I confess that Pilates is kicking my butt.  I think that my instructor is a demon (just kidding).  I feel like my muscles are on fire and someone's putting out the fire with a baseball bat.   o_O



I confess...

I confess that there is a reason why I didn't post about the White Animals concert we went to last Saturday night.  Right before we were leaving, I ran into a college friend who lives a couple of hours away from me.  We don't talk often, but I went up to her to say hello because I was so happy to see her. She ignored me and just glared at me!  My feelings were so hurt, but I really shouldn't give miserable people like that power over me.

But because I did stand-up for her in her wedding, and I have kept-up with her the best I could (It's difficult when you don't live in the same town and we're busy with children), my feelings were so hurt.  One of her husband's fraternity brothers just looked at her like she was a witch, and he was very nice, gave me a hug, and said it was so nice to see me.

I confess that it does hurt when people are mean.  Otherwise, we enjoyed the concert, but I wish we'd left five minutes earlier.  


 photo 6c9a0ade-ebb3-4fdc-88a2-3a15e2b05992.jpg

Of course the White Animals had a Hatch Show print made for the concert...they're from Nashville, after all!


I had planned on posting this song on my Musical Monday post, but I was still too sad.  The following song is The White Animals "Ecstasy."

DISCLAIMER:  I do not condone the use of Ecstasy.  This song was written back when X was not illegal, and frat boys made it in fraternity houses with kids' chemistry sets.  Not that I would know anything about that.  :/  This is not a confession!




So fess-up...confession is good for the soul!  Join Aubrey for Friday Confessions!

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill


18 comments

  1. Those peanut butter cheerios could be dangerous. But they sound yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, another magazine that I may have to go buy! Why would you do that to me? =D

    Mean people stink. I'm sorry that your college friend forgot she's not in middle school anymore.

    Yay for new coffee makers!

    Thanks for joining the Friday Confessional party. Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my, I would have too much to confess- not really. My life is pretty routine and that's the way I like it.

    If a "friend" did that to me I think I would have a lot of mean thoughts to confess.

    I try not to buy magazines anymore because I get so many great ideas from blogs, but I will head out to find this one tomorrow morning.

    Have a great weekend!

    Oh, and Happy Anniversary. Ours is less than a month away - 42 years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I've so been trying not to buy magazines either but I think I would have caved too if I'd seen that magazine C:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ricki Jill,
    I like the whole idea of confessing. I'm with you, the bumper sticker I used to see is crassly said but accurate, "Mean people suck!"
    Have a great weekend.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute post, but........ Please. Never apologize for your blogging. I will look up the "Blogging Without Obligation" button for you. :-) If you WISH, you can put it on your Sidebar, and remind yourself.

    Yes, it is sweet and nice to say where one has been, when one has not been blogging. It is sweet and nice to say that one will be blogging less, for a time. Etc.

    But what's not necessary, is that nagging feeling of GUILT, which wants to hang around us. No guilt in Blogging! That's my view. And it's shared by a lot of other bloggers, too.

    Gentle hugs,
    "Auntie"

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol yeah and you didn't inhale either, right? JK!!!

    Sounds like you have had a great week other than your rude run in.
    Focus on the positive of the concert!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on 25 years of marriage! I'm thinking coffee (and trips) are better than jewelry, anyway. :)

    That magazine looks fun, but I'd spend too much money on vintage flea market finds, trying to make a pretty home like that. I am putting Tumbleweeds on my book wishlist now. Yay!

    Also, maybe she was having a crap day and it had NOTHING to do with you. Saying "don't take it personally" seems trite, but it may be that it really isn't a personal thing toward you. And you definitely don't deserve to be treated meanly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You cracked me up sweet Ricky Jill!!! I was needing this, I'm sick under the weather with a cold and bad stomach!! Congrats darling on your 25 years and wishing you many, many more happiness!! I love to buy magazines and than I want to reproduce what I see and that's the end, lol.. Anyway, we were 38th. years married last month and I got great presents from hubby..actually, I went to pick them myself! You can see them, (if you'd like) just before my last post! Have a great weekend.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh- Your confessions aren't so bad. At least you are not an ax murderer or drug dealer. I can deal with YOUR confessions. I am so sorry that your "friend" (and I use the term loosely) hurt you. I had a good friend for 25 years (we live far away) but all of a sudden she just stopped talking to me. I did nothing to her at all and we never had words but for some reason, known only to her, she wrote me out of her life. I was crushed. This happened about 10 years ago and it still hurts...so I know how you felt. Happy Friday to you and your "sins" aren't so bad at all- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. What was with her? Why would anyone do that to a friend with no basis? That's lame! Sorry she was mean, but it sounds like now it's better that she is not a part of your life, you deserve better friends.

    PB CHEERIOS WHAT? I want to eat them. I LOVE cereal and I always buy PB Puffins or PB Captain Crunch. YUM!

    Good job on the Pilates!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on almost your 25th! Mr. Art is so thoughtful. So sorry you got hurt, she's just mean!! Tell Shelley to turn Taylor Swift on her, she'd tell her!! LOL, I think I'm nuts today, the sun is shining and I'm wack0! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really don't like mean people.

    I tried to buy PB Cheerios at Target this morning because my kids love them and it's going to snow a TON tomorrow but they didn't have any. Instead I bought PB Toast Crunch.

    Did your library not have the FREE digital magazines. Now I don't have to buy them anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Always fun to ready your Friday Confessions. I confess that I'm addicted to my daily Nespresso late in the day, so I'm totally on board for a letter writing campaign to our friends at McK-C. They definitely need to offer some cute expresso cups. FYI, I gave my husband the new DeLonghi Nespresso with the removable milk container for frothing. We fill it with chocolate milk and have mocha expressos. Talk about addictive!
    Sorry your "friend" hurt your feelings. That's unacceptable!!! Thrilled that Mr. Art @ Home is spoiling you. That's the way it should be!!!!!
    Congratulations on 25 years together.
    Enjoy your weekend.........Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow...lots of confessions but nothing bad at all! I am really burning up over that "friend" of yours. I feel the same way in those situations...and there have been a few similar ones. At first I think THEY must have issues, but then I'm hurt and it's on my mind a lot. How can I have come so far in life and still feel like I'm on the playground in 5th grade? lol!

    Have to try the PB Cherrios and I need to go back and see your review of Tumbleweeds. It's just been one of those days :(

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoyed your confessions. I'm adding the Tumbleweeds book to my reading list. Have a super weekend and don't let that rude lady get you down!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great idea to have Sarah, Patti and me join you to write some letters to our friends at MacKenzie-Childs about making espresso cups. I also wrote to them about making flower frogs again.

    Reading your Friday Confessions was fun. I confess that I've been bad about visiting blogs ever since I returned from Key West. I have books to finish from vacation! I'll look for that magazine and may have to add Tumbleweeds to my reading list.

    Very sweet that Mr. Art @ Home is spoiling you.
    Congratulations on 25 years together.

    I'm sorry that person upset you. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are friendly!


Hello!

I'm Ricki Jill. Welcome! I'm honored that you're reading my blog. I enjoy sharing my creative lifestyle @ The Bookish Dilettante. For more information about my blog, please read the Start Here page. Thank-you for stopping by, and I hope you'll consider following me via email.

Follow me on Instagram