Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

My Happy List: Puppy *LOVE*

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Good morning, My Lovelies!  I have only one thing on My Happy List today: Finlay!

For those of you who missed yesterday's post, Finlay is a Glenbrittle Westie from Charlotte, North Carolina.


 photo 41f66f6b-1156-4f48-974b-4c18b290fc0a.jpg
Glenbrittle's Fashionably Late Finlay


 photo 8bf70414-ac22-4f8f-8e9e-d6f60a0c0574.jpg
Finlay is showing me how to puppy proof our home.


 photo 504b306c-86d2-4f55-9fa8-f83affa824f6.jpg
He's showing a keen interest in learning how to cook.  He's fascinated with my cookbooks!


 photo 42668dc3-92c8-401b-a8d1-76e5fc5b0d73.jpg
He likes helping with chores.  ;P


 photo 4f126c5c-71d7-4376-9534-07103e39d797.jpg
He loves going on walks.
I know his harness is backwards.  Mr. Art was trying to help.  I fixed it.


 photo 7c8871d4-57f2-4e2c-97ae-e650cd7dab93.jpg
Fixed it!


 photo 17e37bdc-72a7-4be1-bce6-3a54e99fbc47.jpg
Finlay loves playing with his toys, especially this small tennis ball.


 photo b8d8270c-62aa-4559-993f-2fe106be85cc.jpg
I was so surprised when he found this old toy of Bonnie's in the back of Mr. Art @ Home's closet.  It was her favorite.  Finlay was so proud when he found it!


 photo 39c6d7f8-b92f-4036-bacf-3c3cf23e3bd5.jpg
He visited Shelley's school yesterday.


 photo 2001d2bf-bac4-495d-b84a-352ec3f4f90e.jpg
Finlay plays hard, so he takes a couple of naps during the day. 


It has been a joy having Finlay in our home.  He is a part of our family already, and he has been good for us as we heal.  Below is a clip from the Hamish MacBeth episode, "Wee Jock's Lament."  This is the last scene where Hamish and TV John are placing Wee Jock's marker on his grave. Hamish is holding his new Westie puppy.


from Hamish MacBeth, Wee Jock's Lament episode


 photo c71b8fa7-d24d-4fcc-b9ec-5966f3d77a94.jpg
Finlay enjoys hearing stories about Bonnie Blue.


What's making you happy today?

Until next time…

Blessings!
Ricki Jill

29 comments

  1. Oh how exciting!! Finlay has come to a loving home. He is sooo cute. I remember Fergus ears were so big and he was so little that the Vet thought he was a.papillion dog. Funny he grew into them just fine. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing Shelley holding Fin goes on my happy list today! How sweet! Happy times! Enjoy and put the dishes on a top shelf! heehee! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie-pie.
    He looks like he's fitting in perfectly and is quite the little helper! LOL!
    I'm at work, so I can watch the video, I'll have to come back tonight and check it out.
    What's making me happy today?
    Hmm. let me think on that one, but it's definitely NOT the snow that I woke up to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, RJ! Little Finley is just adorable! Look at those sweet little eyes. Don't you just love the snoopiness of little puppies, well, as long as they don't break things. I can hear the love for the little fellow! He's so sweet. Hope you're doing well.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sobbed in that episode. So glad to see such a cutie at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's adorable! I like how he is in the middle of everything! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness I die. He is so utterly darling! Utterly and completely! I want him! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. RJ,

    I was laughing as Finlay investigated various spots in your home...so cute, up on the dishwasher checking out what was going on.
    You and your family will have so much fun. I'm so happy for you all.
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your happy is making me happy today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's so precious! The picture of he and Shelley is perfect. I'm so glad you got him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Finlay is adorable! You can tell how curious and active he is just from the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do believe Finlay will keep you on your toes! He is a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH MY GOODNESS !!!!!!! He is sooooooooooo cute ! I am so happy for you.
    There will NEVER be another Bonnie..... but it is ok to love a new pup....
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a super-cute little westie boy you have. I can't wait to see your posts and watch him grow and learn. Don't blink because it will happen quickly!

    By the way - I see he has the 'dishwasher gene' - Derby has it and to this day at age 5 he still does this - I call him our dishwasher dog. I'm going to be Mr. Finlay is going to have the 'back of the sofa' gene also.

    Love, love, love your little guy and makes me want to get another one,
    hugs, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Alright! I think this is the best post I have read in awhile and the best HAPPY LIST. All I did was smile with every picture and caption but the last one; it pulled at my heart. What a lovely photo that one is all of it's own.

    I am so HAPPY for you Ricki Jill.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hearing you talk about Fin makes me happy! Oh...I'm jealous...this makes me want a puppy in the house...although I know they are exhausting. But my Franklin is still very puppy- ish. this weekend he was in to everything. I was exasperated with him! He's so smart...I can't keep him out of anything. He goes where he wants to go and doesn't go for any of my rules. I caught him tearing up a pillow form. I was making a new pillow and he was tearing up the filler....when I caught him. I told him no and he just looked at me like he didn't know what that word was. And honestly...he has not heard it much...so of course he didn't know he should stop. I told him I am starting to understand why when he was found no one came looking for him. So happy you have Fin! I love boy dogs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable! I'm so happy and excited for you! Finlay certainly won the lottery landing in your home. '-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Ricki Jill, Finlay is such a cutie patootie. What a sweet little face. I am so sorry to hear about Bonnie Blue. They become such a sweet part of the family....it is always heart breaking to see them go. Sending you a great big hug.

    ❤️Ana

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aw, what a cutie! And seeing Robert Carlysle so young! Wow. Apparently I need to watch Hamish MacBeth!
    Give wee Fin a cuddle for me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh good grief.... could this puppy be any cuter? I am in love with this little sweetheart, Finlay and so jealous that you now have little one in the house pitter pattering around again. I know your heart feels wonderful. xox Congratulations on this newest and most loved member of your family....

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely adorable! I doubt I'd let him walk around...would be holding him. :) My Shih Tzu is so affectionate...he rests on my shoulder while walking around...like you would carry a baby.
    You're going to always have precious memories of Bonnie but this little guy will help with the transition.

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Comments are friendly!


Hello!

I'm Ricki Jill. Welcome! I'm honored that you're reading my blog. I enjoy sharing my creative lifestyle @ The Bookish Dilettante. For more information about my blog, please read the Start Here page. Thank-you for stopping by, and I hope you'll consider following me via email.

Follow me on Instagram