Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

Spring Chicken Stew and an Update on Finlay

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Good morning, My Lovelies!  Other than going to the barn, I'm sticking fairly close to home these days.  Finlay is adjusting to his new home, and he's having a marvelous time.

I think it's cute that Finlay had rather play with his toy bucket than his toys sometimes.  It reminds me of little kids at Christmas who have more fun with the boxes!


 photo a1666ab7-c43e-4d7a-9af1-9ebd5d8d276b.jpg

Finlay enjoys watching me in the kitchen.  He's very curious about everything I do!  Here's a light and delicious stew I cooked Tuesday evening.  It was a hit!

 photo 36e03c5d-36e3-410f-9559-ae7d6a39a74e.jpg


Spring Chicken Stew

Ingredients:
1 lemon
1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
Salt
Ground black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
8 ounces baby carrots with tops, scrubbed, trimmed, and halved lengthwise
1 12 ounce jar chicken gravy
1 1/2 cups water
1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard (I used Grey Poupon)
2 heads baby bok choy, quartered
Snipped fresh lemon thyme (optional)
2 teaspoons Penzy's Sunny Paris spices

Directions:
1.   Finely shred peel from lemon; set peel aside. Juice lemon and set juice aside. Season chicken lightly with salt and pepper.
2.   In a Dutch oven heat olive oil over medium-high heat; add chicken. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is browned, turning occasionally.
3.   Add carrots, gravy, and the water to Dutch oven. Stir in mustard. Bring to boiling. Place bok choy on top. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is done and vegetables are just tender. Add lemon juice to taste and sprinkle with Sunny Paris seasoning.
4.   Ladle stew into bowls. Top with lemon peel and lemon thyme.

Note:  I cooked stew for twelve minutes.  Ten  minutes wasn't enough to fully cook the bok choy.

 photo 1b96cf6c-0ab1-40c2-b797-6c3731c251a9.jpg




I hope you'll try this stew.  Mr. Art at home wants me to add it to my "go-to" recipes.

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill

15 comments

  1. OMG!! Finlay is too cute!! That stew sounds gooood! I will have to add that to my recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finlay is adorable! So cute in his bucket! the stew sound delicious -- I copied it to make it sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm your soup sounds and looks delicious. Unfortunately, my family wouldn't eat it but I sure would!! I have to get chicken soups at restaurants. Boo.

    Finlay is probably very distracting, isn't he? He's so precious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lulu is 9 moths old now and she loves sitting with me - she is next to me on the window seat right now. She shadows whoever is in the kitchen because someone might drop something on the floor.

    That stew looks wonderful so I will pass it on the the head chef. Steve likes to make soups/stews.

    Finlay is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, Finlay is a sweetheart! I'm glad he's loving his new home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ricky Jill I'm so HAPPY you got Finlay... he looks adorable!!! You're in good company then!
    Much much love to you!
    Ciao
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your week and your puppy time. He'll be fun and now that the weather's getting nicer, you can get outside with him, too! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks good. What is Sunny Paris Seasoning? I am sure it is not on my grocer's shelf in Holland. xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny Paris has shallots, chives, green peppercorns, dill weed, basil, tarragon, chervil and bay leaf. You can order it online if there isn't a store near you!

      Delete
  9. That has to be the cutest photo ever lol - adorable!
    Happy weekend!
    Hugs,.
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  10. he is just ADORABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww, a little bucket of Finn!I feel like that soup won't taste as good without those fabulous bowls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh he is so sweet!! I love puppies...well, love them all, but puppies are so much fun to have around...usually. ;)
    I will be trying your recipe. It looks good.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are friendly!


Hello!

I'm Ricki Jill. Welcome! I'm honored that you're reading my blog. I enjoy sharing my creative lifestyle @ The Bookish Dilettante. For more information about my blog, please read the Start Here page. Thank-you for stopping by, and I hope you'll consider following me via email.

Follow me on Instagram