Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

My Happy List: Happy Holy Week!

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Happy Tuesday, My Lovelies!  I have lots of Easter Happy to share with you today.  Holy Week began having the family together for Palm Sunday, and we enjoyed a sweet service at St. Stephen's.

My Happy List

1.   I'm happy I at least got one room (and only one room) decorated for Easter this year:  Our Breakfast Room.  I've used the same pastel decor for the past several years, and I was looking for something different.  I found it at Pier 1, and there's very little pastel in the mix.

 photo 3cd048ea-021e-4f84-8881-4b6b712b5ec8.jpg
 photo b74d1e67-6cf0-441b-8edd-3f4b53dbb57f.jpg
 photo 626a99db-ac3d-451b-8a5b-5f96bfc2beca.jpg
 photo 8e6cacab-580e-4db9-9bd9-9351507a37f8.jpg
 photo 82aaafdc-89f8-463e-ab48-7cc869e3abce.jpg
 photo c5725194-3a26-476d-b986-714376414289.jpg

When I saw the runner, flower arrangement, and votive holders all from Pier 1's Natural Easter Collection, I thought that they'd mix well with the napkins, rings, and placemats I already had.  What do you think about the natural colors with the traces of orange and purple?


2.   Filling Easter baskets makes me happy!  I gave the girls their baskets Palm Sunday because we won't all be together on Easter Sunday.

 photo 89b4a6b5-a065-4184-b528-0722884e2f4b.jpg
 photo 38a79d18-f6b4-4cd4-84aa-10fd430f8a71.jpg
The hit of the baskets:  Printcess mineral make-up.


My nerdy girls love the literary theme, and the colors are wonderful.  Both girls have already tried out the make-up, and they are both raving about it! Printcess has two lines:  Literature and Fairytale.  Here is a link to the site.


3.   I've been baking a little lately.  Baking makes me happy!

 photo 5757212b-eaf9-40f9-bce1-3009ebdaed55.jpg
I baked some lemon squares for Charles.


 photo 2b3c3f17-5c55-43ea-88a4-19c6ab01d265.jpg
I baked two dozen gluten-free strawberry muffins for Shelley's HS's Cafe monthly fundraiser.  I usually bake blueberry muffins, but I thought strawberry would be a delicious change.


 photo aadc8eeb-ad96-4fbe-9e99-31d2e054ce5c.jpg
Finlay loves helping out in the kitchen.  He has a fascination with the dishwasher!


4.   Mr. Art @ Home and I have been in Tuscaloosa the past two weeks (off and on) helping Shanley Belle move into an adorable cottage one block from campus.  It's so cute!  It has a tin roof and cathedral ceiling.  She will live there at least three more years due to graduate school.  Fluffing Shanley's little cottage made me very happy!


 photo 5cf61d97-70b7-4fff-88dd-2c53f3ff5d1e.jpg
We had the interior painted Ralph Lauren's ultra white.


 photo 6d5255f0-d005-4d69-9bfd-13e3f2cc0cc4.jpg
Mr. Art @ Home made the salvaged wood frame.


 photo 98403cd4-e507-42c0-a892-d326761cd685.jpg
Shanley's bedroom.  I bought her some new bedding from Target (on sale).


 photo d09b8500-0251-4bdf-86e0-fc5e30692755.jpg
I painted her an image of the entrance to a bridge in Paris.  Pont means bridge in French, and I couldn't resist the retro font of the dilapidated sign.
We hung a Flora Doora with Pier 1 flowers on her bed.


5.   I saw the first trailer for Outlander.  I'm.  So.  HAPPY!!!!





What's making you happy this week?

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill

12 comments

  1. Happy, Happy Easter to you and Mr. Art @ Home, the girls, and Finlay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your Happy List! And you're having fun this week. I LOVE the Easter baskets. I haven't had one since I was a kid...looks very fun indeed! Have a blessed week my friend! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this post! Lots of happy things. :) Your table is so pretty and those muffins look wonderful. Shanley Belle's little cottage is amazing so far. Did y'all build that headboard?

    I'm happy this week because I've been going to Zumba since January and still love it. It's so much fun and makes me in a god mood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy! Lots of fun things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The nice weather WAS making me happy...today it snowed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow, so much fun stuff to look at! Your beautiful table, those sweets and pretty Easter baskets. Cute Finlay and Shanley Belle's new cottage. Her bedroom is beautiful!!

    Happy Easter to all of you!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. EEE! Outlander! I can hardly wait. Your decorating looks gorgeous-I'm so not ready for Easter this year. I'll have to pull something out of the air by Sunday C:

    ReplyDelete
  8. RJ,
    Happy Easter to you and your family. My terrier, Madison, loves to stand with her front paws on the door to the dishwasher when I load it. I think she things its a food storage locker since there are probably a few scents that emit when I'm loading dirty dishes in. LOL.
    Your strawberry muffins look delicious.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such lovely days!

    - Alma, The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  10. The breakfast room looks very festive and spring ready. I adore pastels and love your plates. Baskets are always a hit around here. I sometimes still make baskets for family and friends and always for Connor. Love the adorable cottage, I’m sure you and Shanley Belle had a blast decorating.
    Your goodies look yummy..............

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty table you set. I love your new runner and centrepiece and I love that it is in stronger colours than is the norm.

    Your daughter's cottage is adorable. Does she live alone? What fun to help her get it set up.

    Wishing you and your family a lovely Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those cabbage leaf plates. I just die. Too, too cute!
    And I'm so glad the girls loved the eyeshadows!! That makes me very happy. :D

    Congrats to Shanley for getting such a cute cottage. Stability during college is so, so important (and rare, in my experience). Her bedroom is pretty sophisticated! What a great excuse to decorate!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are friendly!


Hello!

I'm Ricki Jill. Welcome! I'm honored that you're reading my blog. I enjoy sharing my creative lifestyle @ The Bookish Dilettante. For more information about my blog, please read the Start Here page. Thank-you for stopping by, and I hope you'll consider following me via email.

Follow me on Instagram