Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

My Most Recent Etsy *crush*

Monday, July 27, 2015

Happy Monday!  I hope you all make the time to do something creative today.  Unfortunately I won't be going to the studio today for my portrait class because I'm taking Shelley to visit a college (the one she wants to attend….number one on her list) and take some entrance exams.  Please say a little prayer for her!

We're getting ready for back to school here at Art @ Home.  Do you remember card catalogs from when you were in school?  If so, then you're old.  Old like me.  But I digress….

I loved card catalogs, and I think that the last year for their universal use was 1992.  So what can you do with all those millions and millions of cards that are obsolete?  Well, this genius artist started turning them into art.  And I love them.  So I bought a couple of them.  Let's take a look:




 photo b03b98e6-df05-47b2-ba15-f3efc05c8e4a.jpg

Harry the Dirty Dog was my favorite series when I was a child.  I guess my love for the series was prophetic because I have had a couple of naughty terriers in my life!



 photo a33384d7-2791-4b72-830a-e525a7e3c8e8.jpg

I bought this one for Shanley Belle as a surprise for getting a contract on her book.  Shhhh don't tell her!  It's a secret!  ;P



 photo d8df22b6-01a0-440e-8d4c-5df1cdc02b23.jpg

Vickie the artist of these wonderful little works gave me this one for free.  This is a favorite book of mine!



 photo 629f1cc0-4800-42d9-ba89-bbd4f5463dc9.jpg

I even like Vickie's business card with Charlotte's Webb on it!


Please visit Vivkie's Etsy store Winged World.


Until next time…

Blessings!
Ricki Jill

11 comments

  1. Oh I love her works. I have been a fan of hers for years!
    Yes the card catalog cards are dear to my heart. Shame all that technology took them away. :(
    Happy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea!

    Have a great college visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute, RJ. What are you going to do with them?

    I miss card catalogs. Remember how they smelled? Just heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ricki, I have that shop as one of my Etsy favorites & have for some time now! I can never decide which cards I want, so I haven't ordered any yet. I know at one time there was a Frances card (of Bread & Jam for Frances). That's one of my childhood favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever use of something that would otherwise be tossed in this cyber-age. I wish I could find one of those old oak cabinets with the little drawers so that I could keep my bits of flotsam and jetsam in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BTWI forgot -- hope all went well with the testing -- but I am sure it did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, what is your plan with them?
    We are starting to get ready to start school too.
    Back at it. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love creative makers! How fun. Best of luck to Shelley, and keep us posted. I have my fingers crossed for her! (and if she needs the hope because the exams are stressing her out- I didn't make it into my first choice college initially, but I petitioned them with a really well-written letter about why they were my first choice, and why I thought I was a good fit...and they let me in! Sometimes it just takes an extra push).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope the visit went well! Adorable cards...but now don't you want the drawers they went in? Oh the fun that could be!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the testing. I know Shelley will do great!
    Darling idea for recycling card catalog cards. That could keep an artist busy for a life time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh these are adorable! I bet you could make some as well. You are creative enought and artistic as well.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are friendly!


Hello!

I'm Ricki Jill. Welcome! I'm honored that you're reading my blog. I enjoy sharing my creative lifestyle @ The Bookish Dilettante. For more information about my blog, please read the Start Here page. Thank-you for stopping by, and I hope you'll consider following me via email.

Follow me on Instagram