Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

Randomly Random Tuesday: Thanksgiving Edition

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Happy Tuesday Afternoon, My Lovelies!  So thankful for you, my readers and friends.


I pulled an all-nighter (almost) to decorate for Thanksgiving.  With college visits and other school activities I haven't had the time!  The tables are set, the groceries are bought, and the cooking will commence tomorrow.










I will be making Italian Turkey Soup with our leftover turkey.  Recipe to come!







I had to go to three different grocery stores.  What's with that?  These guys should know what Southerners expect to find in their stores and order enough.  Boo!  One of the stores said they never carry white cornmeal.  


I'm loving these Christmas cacti.  One looks like it is lit from within!










We had a wonderful weekend.  Shelley rode in two horse shows, and she came in third in one and won her class in the other.  They only have three high schoolers on her team, but they won the show on Sunday! I am so proud of them!






Third place




Holding horses and freezing in the early morning hours.  




Shelley is in the white gator!




Mr. Art @ Home is proud of his daughter's win!




Taylor, Jessica,  and Amelia came to support Shelley @ Sunday's show



The Magic City Equestrian High School Team:  Shelley, Maddie, and Sadie with Coach Pam


Shanley Belle will be coming home tomorrow, and we are beyond excited.  We are also thrilled that her book was released yesterday!  And per yesterday's post, here is the recipe for Mary's favorite hot chocolate.  It is so rich, a spoon can practically stand-up in it!






Mary's Favorite Hot Chocolate
(serves 2)

Ingredients:

2 t cornstarch, sifted
3/4 c whole milk
4 oz. Winn Dixie milk chocolate chips
3/4 c heavy whipping cream
1 T confectioners sugar

Procedure:

Make a paste with the cornstarch and milk.  Only use a tiny bit at first and add milk until it is the consistency of toothpaste.  Use a wire whisk for mixing.

Place the chocolate chips and remaining milk and cream in a saucepan.  While whisking constantly, simmer over low heat until the chocolate has melted.

Add the sugar and cornstarch paste and heat gently, whisking constantly, while the mixture thickens.
Make sure there are no lumps!

Pour into two cups and serve with your favorite toppings.  Mary likes whipped cream and marshmallow fluff!

It's the perfect dessert drink for college football grudge matches and Hallmark Channel Christmas movies!  (or reading romance novels, like Punished)




There's a similar recipe to Mary's Favorite Hot Chocolate in the book below.  I found it at World Market, and there are some recipes in it I can't wait to try.  Some of them are so different; I've never seen any recipes like them before!  The recipe I used for this post is one that has been in our family for a long time.





I can't wait to spend a nice week with my family.  It's rare we're all together, so I doubt I post much between now and Sunday.


I hope y'all have a Blessed Thanksgiving!

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill

5 comments

  1. What a great post. Congratulations to both of your girls what a great week it has been for both of them. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for your girls! Much success to celebrate this Thanksgiving. Happy, Happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving! You are a better (and younger!) woman than I to work so hard on the holiday. Keeping it pretty simple at our house, since it is just us two. Your girls are a credit to the hard work and nurturing you have put into the job of mothering. The hot chocolate looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to Shelley and her team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful post!
    congratulations to your beautiful daughter.
    Glad you'll be spending time with everyone.
    Have a wonderful, blessed weekend:)
    hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are friendly!


Hello!

I'm Ricki Jill. Welcome! I'm honored that you're reading my blog. I enjoy sharing my creative lifestyle @ The Bookish Dilettante. For more information about my blog, please read the Start Here page. Thank-you for stopping by, and I hope you'll consider following me via email.

Follow me on Instagram