Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

Pi Day, Chapitre Deux

Monday, March 14, 2016

We had a mutiny over here at Art @ Home.  Mutiny, I tell ya!  The sisters wanted chocolate pie: They didn't want a fruit pie.  Nope!  Not gonna have it....

So.  I made my super easy chocolate fudge pie.  :)  It's so easy, I'm almost embarrassed to post it. Almost.







Chocolate Fudge Pie

Ingredients:

Frozen deep dish pie shell
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
2T espresso powder (optional, but I highly suggest that you don't skip this)
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
3/4 cup 2% reduced-fat milk (I used whole milk because that's what I had)
1/3 cup light-colored corn syrup (Karo)
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 large egg whites
2 cups Cool Whip

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350°.

Combine brown sugar, 1/2 cup cocoa, espresso powder, and flour in a large bowl. Combine milk and next 5 ingredients; stir with a whisk until well blended. Add milk mixture to dry mixture; stir until combined.

Pour mixture into crust. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until just set. Cool on a wire rack to room temperature. Cover and chill at least 4 hours. Spread Cool Whip on top and serve.

If you want to make it extra special, sprinkle with chocolate vermicelli sprinkles!









Did you have to bake two pies for Pi Day like me?


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill

5 comments

  1. Yum! I just might need to try it! I'm always being careful about what I eat, but I have a weakness for chocolate and fudge :) Happy Pi day! xoxo Su

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! No pie for Pi Day here, but would love a slice of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My chocolate pie recipe is even more embarrassing, as I use boxed cook and serve pudding mix!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks amazing! Sounds nice and fudgey, too. We bought apple crumble pie slices from a local pie company (that's science themed). I'm making sticky toffee pudding tonight for St Patrick's Day tomorrow, but I just didn't have the time and energy to make pie. Which is a shame, because I definitely have a lot to learn about crusts!
    Thanks for posting this recipe...if we have a neighborhood block party this summer, I am definitely making this. :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are friendly!


Hello!

I'm Ricki Jill. Welcome! I'm honored that you're reading my blog. I enjoy sharing my creative lifestyle @ The Bookish Dilettante. For more information about my blog, please read the Start Here page. Thank-you for stopping by, and I hope you'll consider following me via email.

Follow me on Instagram